Do you remember last month when I shared with you my ‘Mondays aren’t all bad’ Chicken Mash Pie? Well, this is the dessert that I make to go with it each week. I wouldn’t be allowed to stop this family tradition now if I tried!
This dish is super flexible and you can easily substitute various ingredients if you run out of anything. I’ve used easter egg chocolate, truffles, golden syrup etc when I’ve needed to. It’s super quick to whip up, doesn’t need baking and everyone loves it!
The only real guideline for it is that in my experience make sure you eat it fresh the same day. If you keep it too long the cereal goes stale and it loses some of its awesomeness.
Let’s get to it so you can jump up and create it yourself.
- 200g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup butter or spread
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup crisped rice cereal
You could easily add extra ingredients to mix it up a bit. Perhaps some cherries or dried fruit.
- Line a shallow tin with baking paper. I’ve used both a square cake tin and a flapjack tin.
- put the chocolate, butter, syrup and peanut butter in a large bowl and melt in the microwave on a low setting until it all combines together. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t go too far.
- Once combined and looking yummy add in the crisped rice and mix well until it is all covered.
- Spoon into the tin and place into the fridge until required.
- Slice into individual piece and fight with your family over who gets how many.
Do you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share? Let us know.